The Highest Standards of Cleaning
Before You Get Here
Around the Hotel
- Signage to wash hands for at least 20 seconds as a key preventative measure
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all public areas, guest rooms and back of house
- Hand sanitizers and alcohol-based disinfectants throughout the hotel and accessible by guests and employees
- Extra attention given to cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas and surfaces such as doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs and tableware
Arrivals & Check-Outs
- Room keys sanitized after each use
- Pre-registration encouraged for touch less check-in and check-out
- Virtual check-out via the phone strongly encouraged
- Ongoing internal communication and training with our employees to ensure the highest standards in health and hygiene
- Detailed protocols in place for each department, and checks consistently performed to ensure compliance
- Daily, per shift cleaning routine covering the basics with an emphasis on frequency and consistency
- A flexible "stay home/stay healthy" schedule for our employees, encouraging those who may feel ill to remain at home
- Staggered employee schedules combined with designated work and break areas for each employee
- Proper handwashing encouraged before delivering any food or item to a guest
- Hand sanitizer made available throughout the front and back of house
- Protocols in place to assist guests who may feel ill for any reason
- Professional sanitization administered as needed to maintain the highest levels of safety and cleanliness
- Guests who consider themselves high-risk are encouraged to check with their health care professionals before traveling
Rooms & Suites
- Do Not Disturb signs always be respected
- Linens removed in one-time use bags upon check-out or request
- Stay-over service not be provided unless specifically requested. If requested guests asked to step out of the room
- Rooms thoroughly sanitized in accordance with health and government guidelines. Special attention given to high touch surfaces, handles, doorknobs, switches, faucets, remotes, alarm clocks, TVs, safety latches, trash receptacles, toilet and shower handles and refrigerators
Breakfast to You
- Complimentary breakfast in your room or suite
- Food preparation hygiene protocols strictly enforced and include proper separation of personal workspaces for cooks and food handlers
- Gloves and masks worn at all times while preparing breakfast
We know things happen and travel plans change. Reservations may be canceled with a full refund, provided the reservation is canceled 72 hours before the arrival date through October 31, 2021. This policy does not apply to group bookings.
From Our General Manager
What cleaning measures are in place against the spread of Covid-19?
Hotel and guest rooms are cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All common areas, including the lobby are cleaned regularly. Extra attention is given to high touch areas and surfaces like doorknobs, elevator buttons, light switches, handles, phones, handrails, tables, chairs, and tableware.
Do you offer contactless check-in?
We encourage pre-registration is encouraged for all guests to avoid the need for touch transactions during check-in and check-out. Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk to encourage social distancing for guests and staff. We strongly encourage our guests to check-out virtually via the phone.
How can I travel safer during the Covid-19 pandemic?
Follow all safety protocols mentioned at the hotel when traveling during COVID-19. Regular hand sanitization and cleaning will ensure you have a safe and peaceful travel experience.
Are restaurants in Monterey open?
Yes. Almost all restaurants in Monterey are now open for outdoor dining, home and curbside delivery, and take-out. Many eateries have open-air patio dining and sidewalk tables, including Lalla Oceanside Grill, Esteban at Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa, and the Sardine Factory on Cannery Row.