Monterey Holiday Events
Ice Skating by the Bay
- Date: TBD 2020
- Location: Custom House Plaza
- Celebrate the holidays amidst the scenic coastline at Ice Skating by the Bay's seasonal ice-skating rink in the Custom House Plaza. Spend the day gliding in a winter wonderland on Monterey Bay.
- Daily Monday-Saturday from 11 am-10 pm, and Sunday from 12 pm-8 pm
- More Info
Cannery Row Tree Lighting
- Date: TBD
- Location: Steinbeck Plaza: 700 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA 93940
- Monterey delights with holiday cheer during the annual Cannery Row Tree Lighting celebration on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Seasonal merriment transforms the street that Steinbeck made famous.
- The free event kicks off at 4 pm in Steinbeck Plaza (Cannery Row and Prescott Avenue). Snap a selfie with Santa and his reindeer and sing along with the carolers. The festivities culminate with the lighting of the Cannery Row tree at 5:45 pm.
- More Info
Christmas in the Adobes
- Date: TBD, 5pm-9pm
- Location: Monterey State Historic Park 20 Custom House Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940
- Step back into Monterey's past during Christmas in the Adobes. See the adobes by candlelight and enjoy refreshments and live performances as volunteers in period attire welcome you into historic homes decorated in historical style. The twenty 19th-century adobes, lit by luminaries and enhanced with period decorations, are within an easy walk of each other. Learn while you celebrate; docents and volunteers will be on hand to tell the story of each of these charming buildings, many of which are only open to the public during this celebration.
- Tickets are $25 for adults, $2 for children ages 6-17